Do Spanish speaking countries use the 24-hour clock?
In most Spanish-speaking countries (and, in fact, in most countries other than the U.S.), time is usually expressed on a 24-hour clock (what we in the United States generally refer to as “military time”).
Do Mexicans use the 24-hour clock?
9) Eighteen (18) Countries use the 12-hour clock: Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Egypt, El Salvador, Honduras, India, Ireland, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia and U.S. (although the military uses the 24-hour clock).
How do you say 4pm in Spanish?
4:00 pm son las cuatro de la | Spanish Translator. p.m.
What country uses 24-hour clock?
In some regions, for example where German, French, and Romanian are spoken, the 24-hour clock can be used even when speaking casually, while in other countries the 12-hour clock is used more often in spoken form.
Does Barcelona use military time?
The 24 hour clock has also been called railway time (in Europe, therefore the Barcelona Time), continental time (in England), and military time (in the US). It is also the international standard notation of time. In the 12 hour time system, midnight is usually written as 12 AM, and midday (noon) as 12 PM.
What countries use AM and PM?
However, the 12-hour format, including am and pm, is officially used in a number of countries, including the United States, Canada (except Québec), Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines.
Why does the US use 12-hour clock?
Anyway, as near as I can tell, the 12-hour clock goes way back to ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt. The Egyptians used a 12-hour sundial to tell time during the daytime and a 12-hour water clock at night. … Early mechanical clocks showed all 24 hours, but over time, clockmakers found the 12-hour system simpler and cheaper.
How do you say 5pm in Spanish?
05:10 h. Son las siete menos diez.
How do you say 2pm in Spanish?
- vote. actually, it depends on which 2 o clock you are referencing. If you simply want to tell some one it is 2:00, then it’s “dos” however the corect version also includes the am or pm version. …
- vote. I usually use a pen, but a pencil works as well. Las dos. …
- votes. two O’ clock.
How do you say 7pm in Spanish?
In most Spanish speaking places it would be:
- Siete y treinta or siete y media de la noche.
- In other places where the difference of day light time is greater (Away from the equator), then:
- Siete y treinta or siete y media de la tarde When applies. ( Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer)
- You can also say or write, 7:30 p.m.