What should I avoid in Spain?
Here are 15 things that tourists should never do in Spain.
- Never expect punctuality.
- Never expect shops to open in the middle of the day.
- Never forget to try some Spanish phrases.
- Never be surprised at being greeted with a kiss.
- Don’t worry about day drinking.
- Don’t be surprised to receive free food.
What is there to do in Madrid off the beaten path?
Secret Madrid: 6 things to do off the beaten track
- Enjoy a cocktail with a view. …
- Buy freshly-baked cookies from cloistered nuns. …
- Chug your way to the Mercado de Motores flea market. …
- Enjoy a churro con chocolate (or three) …
- Try some tapas on Calle Ponzano. …
- Relax in an Arab bath.
What part of Spain has the best beaches?
Check out our picks for Spain’s best beaches.
- Illas Cies, Ria de Vigo, Galicia.
- Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Balearic Islands.
- La Concha Beach, San Sebastian, Spain.
- Playa de Bolonia, Tarifa, Spain.
- Es Trenc, Mallorca, Balearic Islands.
What are the disadvantages of living in Spain?
Missing ‘Home’. Certainly a disadvantage to working in Spain is that you may miss your friends and family back home. Although they may not be too far away, in other words just a short flight, it can be hard and expensive to constantly be flying back especially if you have grandchildren back at home.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Spain?
The custom in Spain is that you use shorts only at the beach and not in the city. If you wear shorts in the city everyone will know you are a tourist, which is not a good thing because you may call attention from pickpockets. However there are no rules.
Is Spain safe for females?
Spain is a great place for solo female travelers. To stay safe as a solo traveler, locals recommend: Carry your purse in front of you and close to your body when you’re on the metro or in a crowded place. Go out a night with a group of trusted people; don’t walk on deserted or poorly-lit streets.
Where should I go on the coast of Spain?
North of Barcelona, and close to the border with France, is the coastal region known as the Costa Brava. Here, you can find a number of seaside resorts, quaint fishing villages and major coastal resorts. If you’re looking for lots of scenery and a very traditional Spanish beach destination, Tossa de Mar is ideal.
Which is the nicest Costa in Spain?
The Best Spanish Costas
- 1: Visit the Costa Brava of Spain. …
- 2: Costa Blanca : Home to Alicante. …
- 3: Popular Costa Calida of Spain. …
- 4: Costa del Sol: The Best of Spain. …
- 5: Family-Friendly Costa Dorada. …
- 6: Costa Tropical in Spain. …
- 7: Beautiful Costa del Azahar. …
- 8: Costa de la Luz.
Where is the warmest sea in Spain?
Today the warmest water in Spain is recorded in Calo d’Es Mort. Its value in this location is 74°F. And the coldest one is in Laxe, its value 59°F.