What should I avoid in Spain?
Spain: 10 first-time mistakes to avoid when visiting
- Trying to see too much. …
- Thinking it’s all about bulls and flamenco. …
- Mistaking a rhythm for rudeness. …
- Not packing the right gear. …
- Ordering the wrong food at the wrong time. …
- Eating too early. …
- Not knowing the languages (that’s plural) …
- Tipping too much.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Spain?
- Do not complain about smoking. …
- Do not get involved with any drugs. …
- Do not wear shorts in public, except to the beach.
- Do not eat with your hands.
- Do not walk around at night alone.
- Do not cross the eight lane roads anywhere except at the crossings.
What should I be careful of in Spain?
Here are 15 things that tourists should never do in Spain.
- Never expect punctuality.
- Never expect shops to open in the middle of the day.
- Never forget to try some Spanish phrases.
- Never be surprised at being greeted with a kiss.
- Don’t worry about day drinking.
- Don’t be surprised to receive free food.
What are the disadvantages of living in Spain?
Missing ‘Home’. Certainly a disadvantage to working in Spain is that you may miss your friends and family back home. Although they may not be too far away, in other words just a short flight, it can be hard and expensive to constantly be flying back especially if you have grandchildren back at home.
How bad is crime in Spain?
Spain actually has a lower incidence of crime than in many other OECD countries. According to the OECD Better Life Index, Spain has a homicide rate of 0.6 murders per 100,000 inhabitants which is much lower than the OECD average of 3.6 per 100,000.
Is Spain unsafe?
Generally, Spain is considered to be a safe place to visit. In fact, Spain ranks as one of the top 10% of the safest countries in the world. Locals tell us that you should exercise the same kind of caution you would anywhere else.
What should you not talk about in Spain?
11 Things You Should Never Say to a Spaniard, Ever
- What side was your family on during the Civil War?
- Waiter, this soup is cold!
- Why do you still live with your parents?
- Why do they let kids in here?
- What’s with the Spanish lisp?
- Bullfighting is Spain’s national sport!
- Let’s have paella and sangria for dinner!